1. NASA is currently working on the development of a Star Trek style warp drive that could get astronotus to Alpha Centauri (second nearest star to the sun) in just 2 weeks.
2. A poll conducted in 1997 revealed that Americans thought NASA’s funding accounted for 20% of the federal budget. In fact, NASA has received one cent or less per every tax dollar since 1975. At present, they receive $.005 cents per dollar.
3. Managers at NASA claimed that there was a 1 in 100,000 chance of a catastrophic failure aboard Challenger Spacecraft, but Richard Feynman (theoretical physicist) discovered that NASA’s Engineers estimated the chance of a catastrophe to be closer to 1 in 200.
4. The inventor of the Super Soaker squirt gun was a NASA Scientist, who also helped in developing the Stealth Bomber for US Air Force and the Galileo mission to Jupiter for NASA.
5. Neil Armstrong’s NASA application was late by a week. If it weren’t for his friend, Dick Day’s effort to secretly slip his application it into the pile, he would have been rejected.